We know our Club is fabulous (it’s not a secret), but sometimes all the people that make it one-of-a-kind remain anonymous or go overlooked in their incredible contribution to our Club.
The following is a list of all the volunteer positions with SAGC. All volunteers work directly with or report to a member of the SAGC executive.
Check back often as we update and post calls for more volunteers! We just adore our members’ willingness to help make our Club a success!
- Be part of a 2 person team
- Set up/clean up coffee and donated refreshments at club meetings
- 2 teams alternate from September through April (approx. 4 times)
SUB COMMITTEES FOR SPECIAL PROJECTS
- Examples of special projects: plant sale, dessert evening, etc.
- Roles vary with each project
- Volunteers work together with project chairperson
- Time required: 2 – 5 hours per year
Role: Position filled-thanks Eleanor Rogalsky!
Hang monthly posters at approximately 12 locations in Steinbach
- Time required: 1 – 1 ½ hours per month
Role: Position filled-thanks Denise Sandburg!
- Phoning – Call about 6 members each month with meeting information
- Time required: less than 1 hour per month.
SAGC COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECT
- Gardening at MHV
- 3 Zone Leaders
- Zone leaders work with chairperson to plan their area’s plant list,
and plant, water and deadhead plants in their area, and/or monitor
the work of volunteers in their area
- Help decorate stage, tables at special events
- Offer your garden for a garden tour in June or July
- Volunteer at garden tours by taking tickets or helping with refreshments